Gary J. Ilagan
Gary is an experienced Immigration lawyer who has devoted his career to family- and employment-based Immigration, I-9 compliance and Naturalization/U.S. Citizenship. He provides innovative Immigration solutions to families and to companies and their employees in the oil and gas, engineering, healthcare, biomedical research, media, information technology, telecommunications, education, industrial services and manufacturing industries.
Prior to joining Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C, Gary served as the Principal of Ilagan & Associates, P.C. for seven years. He also worked for one of the top boutique immigration firms in the country for six years. He is the first Houston-based Immigration attorney for Munsch Hardt and is in the Corporate Section of the Houston office as a Shareholder.
Gary currently serves as Chair for the South Texas Region and legal advisor for the Philippine-American Chamber of Commerce Texas. He speaks frequently about Immigration issues at continuing legal education as well as community and business-related seminars.
Gary is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- National Healthcare Professionals Committee Member, AILA, 2008-2009
- AILA-Houston Chapter Liaison Committee with U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston
- Mayor’s International Trade & Development Council (MITDC) Asia & Australia
- Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Philippine-American Chamber of Commerce Texas
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012
- Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2004, 2005, 2008-2010
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine, 2009-2010
- Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People, H Texas Magazine, 2008
- Outstanding Service as Co-Chair of the Lawyers for Literacy Committee, Houston Bar Association President’s Award
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Tagalog (Pilipino)