Kathleen (Kitty) O'Connell Henry
Kitty works with multiple institutional commercial property owners for whom she drafts and negotiates leases. She has represented landlords in numerous lease transactions involving over 100,000 rentable square feet of space and has negotiated ground leases on both the landlord and tenant side.
Kitty also represents a broad spectrum of tenants in connection with their leasing requirements, including multiple commercial tenants whom she represents on a nationwide basis. In addition to Kitty's leasing practice, she frequently represents purchasers and sellers in sale transactions.
Kitty is the Co-chair of the firm's Law School Hiring Program and the Chair of the firm's Women's Initiative, a program instituted to promote the retention and success of Munsch Hardt's women attorneys.
Memberships & Affiliations
- CoreNet Global, Southwest
- Dallas Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Dallas Summer Musicals, Board of Directors
- NAIOP, North Texas Chapter
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2010
- Luminary Award, CoreNet Global, 2011 (Top Rated Speaker)
- Top Rated Faculty, CoreNet Global, 2008, 2011
Articles & Speeches
- March 22, 2013 — Join Mayor Rawlings at City Hall on Saturday
- June 14, 2011 — Inherited Leases: Playing the Hand You're Dealt
- May 1, 2011 — #30 If You Can't Be with the Lease You Love, Love the Lease You're with
- September 2010 — The "New" Rule 13 — An Overview
- March-May 2010 — No Lone Stars
- April 28, 2009 — Landlords: Beware of Taking Letters of Credit as Security When Banks are Failing