Randel A. Canché
Randy has an extensive trial background and litigates in areas including complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, securities litigation, intellectual property, tort litigation, and worker’s compensation litigation. He has represented individuals, governmental entities, companies, partnerships and other business interests in litigation disputes involving intellectual property; account collections; worker’s compensation; deceptive trade practice; building and industrial construction; employment discrimination and employment covenants; trade secrets; and securities fraud. He has settled hundreds of claims and has tried dozens of cases to verdict in state and federal courtrooms throughout the United States. Some of his more recent representations include:
- Regularly represents court-appointed receivers in large, multi-million dollar Ponzi schemes and assists in prosecuting insider claims, assists in foreign asset recovery, establishes claims administrations, and institutes parallel civil claims, plenary proceedings and summary proceedings.
- Acted as local counsel for foreign joint liquidators in one of the largest Ponzi schemes in U.S. History .
- Represented a large, international oil services company in lawsuit where damages claims alleged against client reached hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Is regularly appointed as a court-appointed receiver in various commercial disputes, business torts, breach of contract claims, suits involving directors and officers, and insurance coverage matters.
- Defended a large corporation's management team from whistleblower and discrimination claims.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Best Buddies of Texas, Past Advisory Board Member
- Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Houston Grand Opera, Guild Member
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- SEARCH, Past Executive Board Member
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law and Litigation Sections
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell , 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2012, 2013
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Supreme Court