Houston Shareholder Kelly Robreno Koster speaks on July 6, 2021 at a webinar hosted by the National Business Institute. The presentation, which will be eligible for CLE credit, is entitled "How the ADA and FMLA Intersect and Interact: Fitness for Duty, Workplace Accommodations, and Return to Work Issues" and will cover the below topics:
Fitness for Duty, Workplace Accommodations, and Return to Work Issues
This introductory program teaches you how to navigate the interplay of the FMLA and the ADA, as well as how to handle common leave misuse and abuse issues. Uncover the latest case law, discover the legal risks of failing to accommodate employees with disabilities, and get a refresher on the similarities and differences between serious health conditions and disabilities. Get the basics down - register today!
- Review the fundamentals of the FMLA, including employer obligations, employee eligibility criteria, and more.
- Determine what counts as a disability under the ADA.
- Find out what constitutes a "reasonable accommodation."
- Identify best practices for managing intermittent leave.
- Overview of the FMLA: Employer Obligations, Employee Eligibility, and More
- Differentiating Disabilities vs. Serious Health Conditions
- Navigating the Interplay of the FMLA and ADA
- Reasonable Accommodations vs. Undue Hardships
- Addressing Leave Abuse, Misuse, and Other Thorny Issues
- Interactions With State Leave Laws
- Interactions With Workers' Comp Laws
- Case Law Update
To learn more and register for the webinar, click here.