Houston Shareholder Kelly Robreno Koster speaks at a webinar hosted by the National Business Institute, entitled "Advanced Employment Law: What You Need to Know". The webinar covers the below topics:
Rapid employment law legislative and case law evolution has created complex legal questions for employers and employees alike. Merely keeping up with the increasing number of changes can be challenging for the most experienced of practitioners, not to mention practically applying them to demanding situations that may walk through the door at any moment. Get this comprehensive overview and obtain the valuable information you need to navigate the rapidly changing employment law landscape. No matter which side of the aisle you represent, you are sure to take away tips and techniques for handling advanced-level issues - order today!
- LGBT/Sexual Orientation Discrimination: Navigating the Changing Legal Landscape
- FMLA Complications: Intermittent Leave, Termination and More
- Navigating the ADA
- Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace: Medical Marijuana and Other Considerations
- Retaliation Claim Legal Strategies: Defenses, Counter-Suits and More
- Internal Investigations and Attorney-Client Privilege: How it is Preserved or Refuted
- The FLSA
- Independent Contractors: Detecting Employer Missteps
- Handling Employee Discrimination and Harassment Claims: Pregnancy, Race, Age, Gender, etc.
- Responding to EEOC and State Agency Charges
- Non-Compete, Non-Solicit and Confidentiality Agreements
- Ethical Issues in Employment Law
Learn more about the program here.