2023 Texas Health Care Transactions Conference
In its second year, the Texas Health Care Transactions Conference (THTC) will bring together more than 200 Health Care professionals, investors and governmental representatives to discuss the latest trends, impending legislation, valuation structures and deal forecasts for today’s Health Care industry.
This year’s conference will feature two exceptional keynote addresses – Lunch with Clive Fields, M.D. (Co-Founder of VillageMD) and Dinner with U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (Louisiana).
During the full-day conference, attendees will hear from more than 30 Health Care company leaders as they share insights into the business and legal issues involved in Health Care business transactions, such as emerging care models, innovative financing approaches, M&A trends, post-integration lessons, regulatory concerns and risk management strategies. A full list of speakers and topics is listed in the agenda tab below.
Who should attend?
This event aims to connect industry experts; emerging, high-growth companies; innovative technology creators and capital providers. Join us by lending your voice to the conversation, and gain valuable networking time with industry leaders.
September 21, 2023
Houstonian Hotel | Houston, TX
Breakfast Roundtable: Forecasts with Financiers
Begin your day with breakfast and a lively discussion on the financial outlook for the health care sector. Join panelists as they explore opportunities and challenges from the perspective of accounting professionals, including capital market updates, industry trends, the M&A transaction process and their expectations for 2024 and beyond.
- Bill Swart (Moderator) – Shareholder (Munsch Hardt)
- Jamie Bailey – Chief Financial Officer (Baylor College of Medicine)
- Corey Palasota – Partner, Health Care Valuation Services (Weaver)
- Maulik Patel, M.D. – Chief Financial Officer (Pad Specialists)
- Sherry Wilson – Chief Financial Officer (Smile Source)
Regulatory Update: New Opportunities + Risks in Texas Health Care
On the heels of the 2023 Texas legislative regular session, examine recent policy updates and legislative changes. Specialists will discuss the potential impacts on the health care industry and share insights into the topics they are monitoring closely, including the business of health care, compliance concerns, the patient financial experience, problematic legislation for providers, the role of value-based care, as well as the impact of the Texas House Health Care Reform, Select Committee.
- Freddy Warner (Moderator) – Chief Government Relations Officer (Memorial Hermann Health System)
- Jennifer Banda – Senior Vice President Advocacy + Public Policy (Texas Hospital Association)
- Texas Representative Tom Oliverson, M.D. – Representative + Physician (Chair of House Insurance Committee, Member of Public Health and Healthcare Reform Committees)
- Clayton Stewart – Vice President of Public Affairs + Chief Lobbyist (Texas Medical Association)
Investing in Your Future: Transaction Insights + Investment Models for the Health Care Market
Whether you are an established business or a group of founders contemplating your first transaction, navigating the transaction process can be challenging. Learn best practices and discover the information business owners need to commence and participate in a transaction, including market trends, how to identify your transaction team, steps in going to market and considerations for the future.
- Aaron Handler (Moderator) – Partner (ElmCreek Partners)
- Steven Carmen – Managing Partner (Bayshore Growth Partners)
- Brett Fenn – Managing Director, Investment Bank, Interest Rate
Derivatives + Liability Management (Texas Capital Bank)
- Alex Sauter – Director (TD Cowen)
- AJ Shekar – Director (Provident Healthcare Partners)
Lunch: Interview with Clive Fields, M.D. (VillageMD)
An innovator and health care visionary, Clive Fields, M.D. skillfully navigated industry challenges to create a primary care model that continues to transform the way physicians and patients experience health care. During our lunch presentation, learn about the VillageMD journey and discuss the future of health care, including value-based care, integration across provider types, practice management and obstacles in today’s market.
- Clive Fields, M.D. – Co-Founder (VillageMD)
- Jay Zeidman – Managing Partner (Altitude Ventures)
Case Study in Success: Insights from Industry Experts
As the health care industry continues to experience unprecedented levels of growth, savvy entrepreneurs are leveraging the opportunity into thriving business ventures. Join our panel as they explore their journey to success, from the initial idea and attracting talent, to navigating decisions and managing the business.
- Steven Kaufman, Ph.D. (Moderator) – Founder (Zeus Companies + Zeus Healthcare)
- Yasser Almuaala – Chief Executive Officer (SwyftScripts + Prestige Health Solutions)
- Martin Basaldua, M.D. – President (Vytalus Medical Group)
- Lori Ramirez – Chief Executive Officer (Avante Surgical Partners)
- Tisha Rowe, M.D. – Chief Executive Officer (Honeycomb Clinic) + Managing Partner (Statement Scrub Store)
Leading the Charge: Examination of Ancillary Providers + Opportunities for Integration
For the past several years, health care has experienced an influx in private equity investments, as well as a shift towards integrated, value-based care. Discover the effects on ancillary service providers as panelists discuss practice integration, continuity of care, challenges for providers, compliance strategies and predictions for the future.
- Stuart Miller (Moderator) – Shareholder (Munsch Hardt)
- Mark Bradford, R.P.h. – Chief Operating Officer (M Chest Pharmacy)
- Adam Chesler, Pharm.D. – Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives (VillageMD)
- Farhan Faiz – Director of Operations (One Step Diagnostic)
- J. Blake Peart C.M.&A.A., R.R.T. – Managing Director (Vertess)
Evolution + Innovation: A Look at Industry Trends + Emerging Specialties
Are you curious about what it’s like on the cutting edge? Explore the emerging and innovative care models changing the face of health care and hear about the opportunities and challenges faced by pioneers in the field. From harnessing the power of technology to facilitate medical encounters and improve lifestyle medication access, to developing proprietary treatments in the psychedelics field and learning how to better address mental health issues by incorporating existing medications in new ways, this panel will feature leaders with firsthand experience affecting change.
- Daniel Sternthal (Moderator) – Shareholder (Munsch Hardt)
- Paula Amy Hewitt – Senior Vice President, General Counsel + Chief Privacy Officer (Numinus)
- Sharon Normand – Executive Vice President of Development + Strategy (Genuine Health)
- Simal Patel, M.D. – Founder + Chief Executive Officer (Strut Health, LLC)
- Sandhya Prashad, M.D. – Medical Director (Houston Ketamine Therapeutics & Houston Deep TMS Therapy) + President (American Society of Ketamine Physicians, Psychotherapists and Practitioners)
Conference Dinner: An Evening with U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (Louisiana)
Gain valuable insight into key health care issues from the first physician to sit as a Ranking Member of the Health Education Labor + Pensions Committee since 1933, when it was called the Education and Labor Committee. Join us for dinner and a conversation with U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. as he shares a unique perspective into federal regulatory and legislative updates, current industry trends, what is on the horizon and more.
- Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. – Senator + Physician (Ranking Minority Member of the Health Education Labor + Pensions Committee)
- Fred Zeidman – Chairman (WoodRock & Co.)
Space is limited. Reservations are required.
Click here to add the 2023 Texas Health Care Transactions Conference to your calendar.
Individual conference registrations are $175 each.
The Houstonian Hotel
111 N Post Oak Ln
Houston, TX 77024
Parking: Valet parking will be provided for the event. Self-parking is available for overnight guests for $18 per night.
2022 COMPANIES REPRESENTED
- American Pain Partners
- Apex Health Solutions
- Apricus Health
- Arise Vascular
- Artella Solutions
- Avesi Partners
- CBIZ Valuation Group - Dallas
- Chiron Financial
- Community First ER
- Complete Dermatology
- Davam Urgent Care
- Deloitte Corporate Finance
- Edmund Michaels Healthcare Partners
- Elevate ENT Partners
- EMD Health Centers
- Emergence Medicine
- Emerus Holdings
- Excel ER
- Focus Search Partners
- Founders Advisors
- Fullen & Co. Consulting Services
- GE Healthcare Financial Services
- GI Specialist of Houston
- Goldman Sachs
- Gryphon Healthcare
- Guadalupe Medical Group
- HCA Houston Healthcare
- Healix Pathology
- Honeycomb Clinic
- Houston Scoliosis & Spine Institute
- Hydor Health
- Inception Fertility Ventures
- Infinity Diagnostics
- IntegraNet Physician Resource
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
- Lawndale Medical Center
- Mann Eye Center
- MD Wellness & Health
- Meddy Pay
- Medical Clinics of Sealy
- Memorial Hermann Health System
- Munsch Hardt
- Nova Medical Centers
- Nutex Health
- OnPoint Lab
- Oscar Health
- pH Partners
- Prime Healthcare
- Privia Medical Group, Gulf Coast Texas
- Ramsey Financial Solutions
- Realty Trust Group
- Renal Specialists of Houston
- Seeker Commercial Real Estate
- Sethi Medical Group
- Southwestern Health Resources
- Special Kids Care
- Spindletop Capital
- State of Texas
- Statesman Business Advisors
- Tegria RCM Group -US
- Texas Capital Bank
- Texas Interventional Pain Institute
- Texas Medical Association
- Townsen Memorial Hospital
- TruCare Pharmacy
- TX Independent Providers
- VMG Health
- Vytalus Medical Group
- WASP Health
Munsch Hardt specializes in providing a multi-faceted legal solution to its health care clients. The Firm’s multiple sections routinely work together to provide integrated legal representation and innovation solutions. To learn more about our Health Care services, click here.
Munsch Hardt Legal Health Care Update
The Munsch Hardt Health Care Team publishes a complimentary monthly newsletter for clients and friends of the Firm. The Munsch Hardt Legal Health Care Update is designed to keep you informed of health care law developments that may affect you or your organization. We invite you to subscribe to our blog for important information on a number of topics, such as legislation and regulatory updates, notable litigation and industry trends.
To subscribe to our future Legal Health Care Update newsletters, please click here.