Shareholder Mary Koks will be participating in a panel, entitled "Career Transitions – from Associate to Partner, Law Firm to In-house" at The Women in Legal & Corporate Leadership Summit: Houston on March 11th. The panel will focus on the following topics:
Change—even positive change such as making partner—is never easy. While the title carries more respect, more responsibility comes with it. Considering going from a law firm to an in-house counsel position? Making the move is more complicated than it seems. There are numerous differences between working in an in-house counsel role, as opposed to working at a law firm. Culture, salary, and workplace flexibility, are just a few of the many things to keep in mind.
This panel will explore:
- Tips for new partners:
- -Learning how the business is managed and what is expected of you
- -Balancing your practice with your new obligations
- -Understanding your new compensation, benefits and tax structure
- -Keeping sight of your personal life
- Tips for transitioning from a law firm to in-house:
- -Gaining insight into the company’s core business, initiatives and goals
- -Developing your business acumen in order to proactively offer legal solutions that advance and support the bottom line
- -Learning to work effectively with both the department and the business unit: Communication is key!
For more information on the conference, click here.