(DALLAS and HOUSTON) Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C. (Munsch Hardt) today announced three promotions to equity shareholder and seven promotions to shareholder, crossing two offices and multiple practice groups.
“The promotions of this talented group is the result of the hard work and dedication from each individual, as well as their commitment to collaboration and to putting clients at the center of everything we do,” said Phil Appenzeller, CEO of Munsch Hardt. “2020 was a challenging year for many reasons, and these attorneys were instrumental in helping the Firm and our clients navigate some very difficult and unexpected time. We are proud to promote these deserving lawyers to our shareholder ranks as the future leaders of our firm.”
The Firm’s Newest Equity Shareholders:
- John D. Cornwell (Houston) is a member of the Firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Insolvency practice. Cornwell first joined Munsch Hardt in 2016 and represents various constituencies in Chapter 11 proceedings, including debtors, creditor committees, receivers, secured lenders, trustees, purchasers, landlords, and general creditors in matters pending throughout the Country. Cornwell also serves in fiduciary roles such as liquidating trustee and monitor in bankruptcy or post-bankruptcy matters. In 2021, he was recognized amongst Woodward/White, Inc.’s “Best Lawyers in America” for (i) Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and (ii) Litigation – Bankruptcy.
- William P. Finegan (Dallas) is the Firm’s Labor & Employment practice group leader. Finegan counsels clients in industries such as health care, manufacturing, real estate, technology and transportation, about their efforts to avoid employment-related disputes and defending against employment-related claims. He also works with employers in all phases of the traditional labor areas, including union organizing efforts, contract and strike management, collective bargaining negotiations and all issues related to the labor management relationship. Finegan, who has been board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1995, has been named recognized amongst Woodward/White, Inc.’s “Best Lawyers in America” for Litigation – Labor and Employment list since 2013.
- Ross H. Parker (Dallas) is a member of the Firm’s Litigation practice, where he focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation. Parker has a wide range of experience in securities litigation, director and officer litigation, real estate and hospitality-related litigation, consumer litigation and bankruptcy-related matters. Having started his career at Munch Hardt as a Summer Associate, and joined the Firm fulltime upon graduating law school, Parker now serves as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Recruiting Committee. He also is a Dallas Bar Foundation Fellow.
The Firm’s Newest Shareholders:
- Claire E. Carroll (Dallas) is a member of the Firm’s Litigation practice. Carroll enables her clients to safeguard themselves by designing policies and procedures to prevent and minimize future loss in a way that does not impair a business’s core operation. She is well-versed in trial and arbitration and is always prepared to bring a case to trial. Carroll previously served as an Associate Liaison to the Firm’s Board of Directors and currently serves as an active member of the Munsch Hardt Diversity Committee. Most recently she was recognized amongst Woodward/White, Inc.’s “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for both Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Litigation.
- Olga M. Gurtovaya (Dallas) is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate practice, where she primarily focuses on commercial real estate with an emphasis on representing commercial lenders and developers. Gurtovaya has experience in a variety of industries, including financial services, hospitality, real estate and retail. She is an active member of the Firm’s Women’s Initiative Group Committee and was recently recognized amongst Woodward/White, Inc.’s “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for Real Estate.
- Teia Moore Kelly (Houston) is a member of the Firm’s Litigation and Construction practices, where she provides counsel on commercial litigation matters within the construction, energy, and surety industries. Kelly routinely handles construction defect and equitable adjustment claims, payment and performance bond claims, and breach of contract claims on behalf of owners, general contractors, and sureties involved in complex construction projects. She has been named to Thomson Reuters’ “Texas Rising Stars” list for four consecutive years.
- J. Lucas “Luke” Lechler (Dallas) is a member of the Firm’s Corporate & Securities practice. Lechler’s primary focus is mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions where he provides extensive experience on transactional matters such as asset and stock purchases, corporate formation and governance, private securities offerings, business and commercial arrangements and securities regulation matters in the energy, financial services and restaurant industries. Active in his community, Lechler currently serves on the Board of Directors and Corporate Council Committee for the JDRF’s Northern Texas and Oklahoma Chapter.
- Evan P. McCurdy (Dallas) is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate practice, where he represents investors and developers involved in the acquisition, disposition, development, construction and financing of office, multifamily, retail developments, vacant land and other commercial real estate properties. McCurdy works with clients in a number of industries, including construction, hospitality, real estate and retail, and has previous experience as a project designer at an international architecture firm.
- Justin K. Ratley (Houston) is a member of the Firm’s Insurance and Litigation practices. Ratley represents publicly and privately held companies in the energy, food & beverage, and health care industries before and during litigation in contract disputes, first-party insurance coverage/recovery disputes, personal injury, products liability, intellectual property, business ownership disputes and other complex matters. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ratley spent more than 10 years working in Federal Law Enforcement and in the U.S. Intelligence Community, where he developed the skills to efficiently find linchpins in his clients’ disputes. Ratley has also been named to Thomson Reuters “Texas Rising Stars” list for three consecutive years.
- Courtney L. Tawresey (Dallas) is a member of the Firm’s Tax, Corporate & Securities and Real Estate Practices. Tawresey represents businesses with general corporate, federal tax and financing matters. She is an expert on corporate and partnership tax planning, merger and acquisition tax planning, state and local taxation, international taxation, incentive compensation, and general tax issues. Tawresey also specializes in tax incentivized financing, including New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Opportunity Zones, and other tax incentives. Earlier this year, Tawresey was selected to serve as a member of the Dallas Bar Association’s WE LEAD: Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession.