Real estate is booming in North Texas, so it's no surprise that over a third of the companies in this year's Middle Market 50 list are in real estate-related fields.
And roughly a quarter of the companies on our list of the fastest-growing middle-market companies in North Texas are in the technology sector.
The Dallas Business Journal's eigth annual Middle Market 50 list honors the fastest-growing private and public companies based in Dallas-Fort Worth that are nominated. Eligible companies have annual revenue between $10 million and $1 billion.
Other key industry numbers from this year's list:
- Eighteen of this year's companies are in a real-estate related industry
- Twelve of this year’s companies are in a technology-related industry
- Seven are in a banking and finance-related industry
- Six of them are in a construction-related field
- Six are in a health care-related field
- Three companies apiece are in a logistics or manufacturing-related field.
Eighteen of this year's companies list Dallas as their headquarters, while 10 list Plano. Irving and Carrollton have four companies apiece.
The annual research project ranks the companies on a formula that includes a revenue growth percentage over a three-year period from 2019 to 2021 and other factors.
The 50 companies will be honored, and the rankings will be revealed at an in-person event from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on October 13 at The Hall on Dragon in Dallas. There will be digital coverage after the event and a special print edition on October 21.