Areas of Concern
- Employees (and Independent Contractors)
- Tax Matters
- Securities Law Matters
- Accounting Matters
- Stock Option Plan
- Intellectual Property
- Ownership of company undocumented
- Ambiguous or conflicting agreements concerning ownership of the company
- No agreement specifying what happens to stock of company upon stock transfers, death, disability, termination of employment, etc.
- Coach clients to have you review documentation concerning stock issuances before the stock is issued
- Adopt Board resolutions approving stock issuances when issuances are made
- Keep a stock ledger
- Enter into shareholders agreement specifying what happens to stock upon proposed transfers, death, disability, termination of employment, etc.