Talent is not limited to any gender, ethnic group, religious affiliation, gender orientation, preference or other demographic trait. Munsch Hardt strives to hire the best talent in whomever it resides.
Munsch Hardt and its Management Committee make a conscious effort to promote and support different perspectives and backgrounds. Diversity and inclusion at Munsch Hardt means not only embracing, but also celebrating the various experiences and cultures that make up our Firm. Through an inclusive environment, we believe we are able to better serve our clients and enrich the communities in which our attorneys and staff members work and live.
Specifically, Munsch Hardt maintains both a Diversity Committee and a Women’s Initiative Group. Each team is comprised of executives, attorneys and staff members from across the Firm. The groups meet on a regular basis to discuss internal and external initiatives, address client concerns and the staffing of client matters, as well as focus on the recruitment and retention of diverse team members.
Recruitment & Retention
Diversity is vital at every stage. Just as we seek to actively mentor and promote minority and female attorneys within our Firm, we also strive to recruit diverse attorneys from the onset of their career. One path the Firm has chosen to pursue is through active participation in the Sunbelt Minority Recruitment Program. This program consists of a consortium of 18 American Bar Association law schools from five states (Arizona, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas), and offers legal employers the opportunity to interview over 900 minority law students for summer employment and permanent positions. As a result of our Firm’s targeted recruitment efforts, we are proud to disclose that nearly 60% of new hires since December 2015 have been diverse and/or female attorneys.
Diversity among our attorneys is equally as important as diversity among our staff. Today, five out of six internal departments are under the leadership and direction of female or LBGTQ professionals. These departments include Accounting, Employee Relations & Recruiting, Facilities, Information & Library Services and Marketing. As we continue growing our Firm by recruiting talented and diverse attorneys and staff members at various stages in their careers, we look forward to sharing our successes with our clients.
Supporting Diversity In Our Communities
Our commitment to diversity goes beyond internal initiatives; we support diversity in the legal profession and within our communities. Our attorneys are active participants in key bar associations, legal groups, business organizations and other affiliations that represent specific constituencies, advance diversity goal and support the commitment to diversity evolution with our profession. In particular, we regularly participate in and/or support the following organizations:
- Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- Austin Young Lawyer’s Association – Runway to Justice
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association - J.L. Turner Legal Association
- Dallas Bar Association – Women’s Equality Day Luncheon
- Dallas Bar Foundation – Sarah T. Hughes Diversity Scholarship
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Dallas Mayor’s Intern Fellow’s Fund
- Dallas Bar Association’s Community Service Fund
- Equal Access to Justice Campaign
- Generation Justice
- Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Heights Women’s Club
- Houston Hispanic Bar Association
- Philippine-American Chamber of Commerce (Houston)
- State Bar of Texas – Texas Minority Counsel Program
- Texas Dragon Boat Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association
- Vision Africa Ministries, Inc.