Munsch Hardt’s Corporate Governance team provides clients with the sophisticated legal and business expertise needed to operate their companies. Whether advising boards, individual officers and directors or acting as special counsel to audit, compensation, nominating and other committees, our attorneys bring complementary insights and in-depth experience to the full-range of issues, including:
- Board and committee compensation
- Board evaluation, succession planning and removal procedures (including age and term limits)
- CEO evaluations and new director orientations
- Director and officer insurance and indemnification policy review
- Corporate compliance program implementation
- Due diligence review of corporate governance policies
- Acquisition and sales proposals
- Shareholder activism responses
- Stock holder proposals
- Internal investigations of possible wrong doing
Our Corporate Governance attorneys are also experienced in guiding board committees through federal and state disclosure and filing requirements with, among others, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and other national securities exchanges, as well as with other obligations under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
In additional to governance and compliance matters, our attorneys also structure and negotiate a variety of strategic alliances, including traditional joint ventures, licensing arrangements, asset sales, marketing and distribution arrangements and consulting service arrangements. And, should a controversy every arise, our Firm houses a team of attorneys who dedicate nearly their entire practice to representing businesses and their fearless leaders in litigation relating to alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and shareholder derivative litigation.